Believe it or not, social media has changed the way we live our lives and has become an important part of everyone’s lives. This sector has grown faster than the internet itself. Social Media has changed the way we read news and how we interact with our loved ones.
In the year 2004, social media started reaching heights and has gained a lot of popularity in the present. Not only for personal use, but it has also provided brands with unique ways to interact with customers. With social media, brands can not only have local communication but also share user-generated interactive content like photos and videos.
Oberlo.in has shared the social media statistics you need to know in 2020 which will help you understand why you should choose social media for your brand.
- People daily active on social media include 3.5 billion which is equal to 45% of the population.
- Facebook has become the most used platform and is said to be the market leader.
- 90.4% of Millennials, 77.5% of Generation X, and 48.2% of Baby Boomers are active social media users.
- Users spend an average of 3 hours per day on social media platforms and messaging.
- 73% of marketers believe that social media marketing has been effective for their business.
- 54% of social browsers use social media to research products.
- 71% of consumers who have had a positive experience with a brand on social media are likely to recommend the brand to their friends and family.
- 49% of consumers depend on influencer recommendations on social media.
- 500 million daily active Instagram stories are uploaded worldwide.
- 91% of all social media users access social channels via mobile devices.
So now let us understand the meaning of Social Media Marketing.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Hubspot defines Social Media Marketing as the act of creating content to promote your business and products on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, and much more.
This also involves publishing great content on your brand’s social media profiles, listening to and engaging with your followers, analyzing your results, and running social media ads. Remember that the content you create should be tailored according to the given platform to help you boost conversions and increase brand awareness.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing can help you in achieving many goals, which also include
- Increasing Website Traffic
- Building Conversions
- Raising Brand Awareness
- Improving communication and interaction with target and key audiences.
Social media marketing is all about meeting the right target audience and socially interacting with each other. While social media as a whole is important and beneficial to your business growth, the strategies differ based on which platform your audience spends time on.
To make it easier to understand and strategize your campaigns, Hubspot has segmented the strategy for marketing based on the platform.
With the help of the image given above, you can choose the platform that best works for your audience type and meets the goal and the industry you are trying to focus on.
I hope this blog helped you understand the meaning of social media marketing, its benefits, and how to strategize your campaigns based on the platforms. In my next series of blogs, I will be discussing each platform in detail.
Thank you for reading.